One decent thing about living in Bumfuck
Jay Furr
2007-10-04 23:01:43 UTC

Why God sent me a decent localtelco, I'll never understand, but I'm not
complaining.
--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

"There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs
GrtArtiste
2007-10-04 23:31:07 UTC
Post by Jay Furr
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190037967.png
Not bad, but how much does it cost? For comparison, this is what I
get from my 1500/384 service $30/mo

braggin about it but it suits my needs and has been unusually reliable
for the last 2 months <knock on wood>

GrtArtiste
Jay Furr
2007-10-04 23:36:43 UTC
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190042665.png Obviously, I'm not
braggin about it but it suits my needs and has been unusually reliable
for the last 2 months <knock on wood>
Phone, practically unlimited long distance, and DSL is about $100.

Jay Furr
2007-10-04 23:39:14 UTC
Post by Jay Furr
Post by GrtArtiste
Post by Jay Furr
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190037967.png
Not bad, but how much does it cost? For comparison, this is what I
get from my 1500/384 service $30/mo
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190042665.png Obviously, I'm not
braggin about it but it suits my needs and has been unusually reliable
for the last 2 months <knock on wood>
Phone, practically unlimited long distance, and DSL is about $100.
Correction: $89.95.

http://www.wcvt.com/services/local/clearly_connected.shtml

Jon Enslin
2007-10-05 14:45:36 UTC
Post by Jay Furr
Post by GrtArtiste
Post by Jay Furr
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190037967.png
Not bad, but how much does it cost? For comparison, this is what I
get from my 1500/384 service $30/mo
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190042665.png Obviously, I'm not
braggin about it but it suits my needs and has been unusually reliable
for the last 2 months <knock on wood>
Phone, practically unlimited long distance, and DSL is about $100.
I get phone, unlimited long distance, cable ISP, cable television for
six sets, digital cable with DVR on one of those sets, for about $180
a month.

Sometimes I think I am getting screwed, but I haven't found a better
deal.

Jon
GrtArtiste
2007-10-05 23:01:17 UTC
Post by Jon Enslin
I get phone, unlimited long distance, cable ISP, cable television for
six sets, digital cable with DVR on one of those sets, for about $180
a month.
Sometimes I think I am getting screwed, but I haven't found a better
deal.
hook, line and sinker. I suppose it depends on where you live as to
just how bad a deal it is. Hope you enjoy printing money for Charter.

GrtArtiste
Jon Enslin
2007-10-08 13:45:39 UTC
Post by GrtArtiste
Post by Jon Enslin
I get phone, unlimited long distance, cable ISP, cable television for
six sets, digital cable with DVR on one of those sets, for about $180
a month.
Sometimes I think I am getting screwed, but I haven't found a better
deal.
hook, line and sinker. I suppose it depends on where you live as to
just how bad a deal it is. Hope you enjoy printing money for Charter.
My only alternative is to get AT&T for DSL and local phone, but if I
stick with Charter cable, I will end up paying more. If I went with
AT&T and sattelite, I would need six receivers because I cannot get
over-the-air local channels - and I don't want that anyway. Last I
checked, that was a more expensive option.

Jon

Jason Arndt
2007-10-05 00:37:28 UTC
Post by Jay Furr
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190037967.png
Why God sent me a decent localtelco, I'll never understand, but I'm not
complaining.

Our speeds aren't up to snuff with WAITSFIELD~ but back in the day when
we were getting internet set up, the download/upload speeds for Adelphia
cable were about the same as Verizon for $15 more a month. I think
Comcast has improved that some, maybe a lot.
Jay Furr
2007-10-05 00:44:21 UTC
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190055393.png
Our speeds aren't up to snuff with WAITSFIELD~ but back in the day when
we were getting internet set up, the download/upload speeds for Adelphia
cable were about the same as Verizon for $15 more a month. I think
Comcast has improved that some, maybe a lot.
Who knows, with Verizon bailing and Fairpoint meeting so much resistance
taking over Verizon's landlines, perhaps WCVT will buy the lines in
Shelburne. They already offer service in Charlotte.

Jason Arndt
2007-10-05 00:59:39 UTC
Post by Jay Furr
Post by Jason Arndt
Post by Jay Furr
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190037967.png
Why God sent me a decent localtelco, I'll never understand, but I'm not
complaining.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190055393.png
Our speeds aren't up to snuff with WAITSFIELD~ but back in the day when
we were getting internet set up, the download/upload speeds for Adelphia
cable were about the same as Verizon for $15 more a month. I think
Comcast has improved that some, maybe a lot.
Who knows, with Verizon bailing and Fairpoint meeting so much resistance
taking over Verizon's landlines, perhaps WCVT will buy the lines in
Shelburne. They already offer service in Charlotte.
Interesting, I didn't know that. I've seen the Waitsfield Telecom trucks
around for some time, but I never knew their coverage area. I'd be
perfectly happy to do away with Verizon for a truly local phone/internet
company.
t***@yahoo.com
2007-10-05 15:28:39 UTC
Post by Jay Furr
http://www.speedtest.net/result/190037967.png
Why God sent me a decent localtelco, I'll never understand, but I'm not
complaining.

I could've gone faster, but that D.C. traffic is a nightmare.

a.